No announcement yet.

YJ Kruzer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Just re-read this whole thread. So much has changed...

Recap: sbc 350 carbed (have line on, will upgrade to tbi in future). ax15 transmission (have sm465 when go buggy). np231 tcase (231/300 doubler lomax when buggy). 79 f250 44/60 axles. going for 35s or 37s...

Latelly been trying to research what it will look like, so i can choose 35s or 37s and on the wheel whether 17x9 or 17x8, and what backspacing.

EDIT: picked h2 hummer wheels.

PS, brian will need to schedule a sawsaw party after testing fitting the tub and before it goes to paint! lol
    Last edited by ckruzer; 01-26-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Hey something just hit me. Will I need to upgrade my 87 booster to the 95 booster? Zealots over here say that anything over 33 tires requires the upgrade even with axle swap. Their reasoning is that there is not enough psi. What y'all think?

Comment

• Seems like I have heard that also.

Comment

• Started the rewire and hei install!!! Using the EZ-Wire harness kit. And also ordered some PET sleeving to dress up the harness all nice and pretty. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wiring is all finished. About ready to focus 100% on the new frame and 3/4 ton axles. Did go ahead a replace ujoints on rear shaft, and pulled the front shaft off. It appears my crazy highway vibes are gone. Will test again tomorrow

Comment

• with all the ducts gone, gunna have to weld up a plastic block off plate to go underneath the induction grill

Comment

• Got gauges all wired up and dash installed!

Comment

• After two trips to goergia got a little worried about powertripping knucklehead cops (ahem henderson county) pulling me over for no mirrors. So put on the brackets and i also grinded the keyway on the mirror shaft flush so the mirrors look ...er ... flush. lol

Comment

• My exhaust leak got so bad i had to decide to drive it or park it. Well still a long ways off on the build so i dipped into the build budget and replaced the exhaust manifold. well hey, on the brightside it meant i got to delete even more emissions crap. when i got it off (new one in hand) i discovered the leak was coming from it being improperly sealed, but mainly the big gaping hole where the down pipe connects to the manifold.

Comment

• got the d44 grinded down and disassembled. got the pass knuckle machined flat and high steer arms put on. put in moog joints. got it all primered up. now just have to tackle the spindles :worry:

Comment

• slapped on some por15 on the d44 and stuff. looking purdy!

Comment

• picked up the d60 from the farm today and set it up on my work deck . this one should go much faster because i dont have to cut off old brackets with sub-par tools. ill be using the ford oem shock mount locations and mounting the upper shocks to a crossmember (dom tube) spanning where the stock shocks bolt to. Cant wait to get this sucker disassembled!

Comment

• Started dismantling the d60 today, but ran out of light.

Comment

Working...
                            X