Thoughts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts...

Ok guys I'm in a weird spot in my life. I use to love being in the national guard. I haven't been on a over seas tour or anything. I've been in for 4 years now. And have 2 left on my contract. When I joined I was single and seemed to have some ridgedness to me. Now I'm married with a little boy who's almost 2 and I feel like I'm going crazy here... maybe I've gotten soft and wimpy so call me what you want lol but I feel like it's not going well. It's almost like all I hear is bad talk about women and TONS of cuss words and idk how to take it. I love my wife and son so much it's crazy and trying to stay on the narrow path to Christ while here really takes a tole... it's 2 weeks away. No big deal right? Not any more it is not fun anymore to me and idk what to think about it haha call me names if I'm being a wimp, I promise I won't get butt hurt. I'm asking for yalls opinions and prayers to get me through this and also pray for the ungodliness here. I think that is what my main deal is that's ruining it... I needed to rant. So I'm asking for more prayers for me and my fellow soldiers. I've brought up some tlk about God here and there but doesnt seem to last long. Maybe I need to try harder. Anyways please give me yalls thoughts and say a prayer. Thanks!

WIMP ? What !!! NO WAY BROTHER ! I say one of the strongest men there.
    I am the worse at putting my thoughts down on paper but I try. Please take no offence if something sounds wrong.
    Before I give you my thoughts. A little bout me : Married 26 years (end of this month) Two sons ages19 & 24.

I have never really been away from my wife for extended amount of time so cant speak from experience on that. When I am away from her at work I still respect her. Kinda makes me alittle mad to over-hear a conversation between employees before morning meetings talking about their wife or other women in a rude manner. Don't do that ! RESPECT ! Be strong and think about her when others are bad mouthing women. I kinda like to think I have a live stream camera on my head and my wife is at home watching and listening. Same for my son's. When they was growing up, I always thought I should talk in a manner that I wanted them to grow up talking. Before a word comes out of your mouth, think.... would I want my son saying this ?
    I think you are experiencing what it feels like to become a better man, better husband and father.
    You can try to lead others in the right direction ....... Just don't let others lead you in the wrong.
    You have been doing this in the past for the pay and its been fun. It can still be fun once you get your mind wrapped around things i'm sure. Maybe you can think of it this way ... Your now there for your wife and son. Your there to earn money to support them and to train to protect them if ever need be. You will be your sons hero.
    When it come to my Wife and Kids .... Call me a wimp ! Call me soft ! I don't care ! I have them to go home to and you will have yours in just 2 short weeks.
    Praying time flies for your time there and you can get back home to give that wife and son a big hug and feel good about it.

STAY STRONG MAN !!! YOU GOT THIS !!!

Comment

Not that I have experience like yours, but I do have to be gone for about a week from time to time and I hate it. I always miss my wife and son. It makes things seem so much longer than they really are. I consider that being a loving husband and father, not a wimp or whatever else. Any time I am around people who bad mouth women or anything like that I just ignore it or walk off. While I know it is probably hard for you to just walk off because you don't necessarily have to many places you can walk off too, don't let it get you down on why you started this. You obviously had a love for serving. And I imagine it is still there, just hard to see right now. Focus on your beliefs and why you joined. Know that your family and many many others are very proud of you and appreciate what you are doing. God is always right beside you.

Comment

When there is no light be the light. Let them see the difference in you. When you have the chance witness to them. Think of it as an amazing opportunity to share Christ with those who need him. Don't be pushy, just be different and friendly. Be the light!

Comment

The truth is you're probably not the only one who loves their wife and son and feels that way about disrespecting them. But around the water cooler it can be easy to get sucked into the "old ball and chain" conversations, and people don't want to seem different so they'll join in. And why not? We've all got experiences we could share about how our spouse has pissed us off. But it takes more courage to resist the temptation of what seems like a "victimless" crime (she'll never know, right? but how does that start to work on your mind...). If you just counter with "sorry about your luck folks, my wife is awesome and I can't wait to get home to my family" you might inspire others to stick up for themselves and express how they really feel. You don't have to call anyone out necessarily, just speak how it applies to you. Some people will deflect it, others will take it as inspiration. But as you say, screw what they think. If you know you're on the right path, then let them posture and belittle you, just smile and don't let it get to you. At the end of the day you don't answer to them, you answer to your family and God. If you can walk tall in front of them, there's no reason you shouldn't walk tall in front of someone who doesn't have the courage to stand by his or her spouse when it really counts - day-to-day.

Comment

There's nothing "hard" or "manly" about disrespecting women in any fashion, and it's not "soft" or "wimpy" to stand up for what you believe and not back down. Soft and wimpy people feel the need to belittle others when they feel threatened by integrity. If you can crush a man's skull but you can't deal with the pile of crap you left on your doorstep, that makes you a little one-dimensional. Maybe there's a place for that, but our culture has more need of a different kind of strength I think. Courage manifests itself in many different ways, and all are necessary.

Comment

Wow! Thanks alot guys! That gave me alot of uplift. I was hoping I had some good opinions and yall blew it away. That's exactly what I guess you could say I needed to hear so thank yall very much. I got moved to a different range/location this morning away from a couple of the main bad mouthers if that's what you wanna call it lol so hopefully that'll help as well. Again, thank you guys!

Comment

So you are worried about being a "wuss" for no longer wanting to be a member of Pharaoh's army? Dude. Ask the Creator for a renewing of the mind. You live in Egypt, a Babylonian world. As it was in in the beginning so shall it be in the end. I was in the military myself, and know that you have sugar coated it quite well. The social culture of military life is quite wicked. First and foremost, rather than ask us Men, ask your heavenly Father what HE wants you to do. Because no matter what we think, believe, or feel - at the end of the day your obedience to Yahweh is primary, not our opinions. Scripture does say there is "wisdom in the counsel of many", however the best advice we can truly give you is support and uplifting association to direct your attention, faith and expectancy to our Creator. Below i have posted some verses for you. You must remember the world we live in, and that we are NOT of it. We live on this earth with 90% unbelievers or false teachers/believers. Our job is to be a light no matter where God has us. If he wants you there, then be a light. Dont try and "preach" with words, for you are a man with flesh and will always fail. Rather let the light of our King shine through your actions, behaviour, and love. Someday someone will notice ask you how you have such a blessed life, and then you will get to tell them of our almight King. So many believers go to buildings built by man's hands when Yahshua gave us a "new" temple (your body, a living altar), to give praise and worship to idols and false pastors (only one Pastor (Yahshua)) and uplift teachings of men. So many turn to men instead of to God. Never forget what the true religion of God is as He tells us through James: " Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Keep yourself from being polluted by the teachings and traditions of the world. That is what we are here for. Anytime. Anyplace.

Matthew 6:24
                No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon.

John 15:19
                If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.

1 Corinthians 1:21
                For since in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not know Him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

James 1:27
                Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

1 John 2:15
                Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Matthew 24:9
                Then will they hand you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name.

Matthew 10:22
                You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

John 17:14
                I have given them Your word and the world has hated them; for they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

James 4:4
                You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himself an enemy of God.
                1 John 4:5
                They are of the world. That is why they speak from the world's perspective, and the world listens to them.

Comment

Working...
                X